Sell Back Textbooks
The Bookstore buys books back from students during finals week each semester. There is also usually a one-day book buyback during the first week of the semester. Please check the Bookstore website main page for dates and times. Our policy is to buy every book we possibly can, offering you as much as we can. We hope the following information will explain how the process of book buyback works.
- We pay CASH for your books!
- Students will need their Tech ID number. Your original purchase receipt is not required to sell your book back.
- Books that have been ordered by professors for the next term and are needed for store stock, will be purchased at 1/2 the used selling price during our end of term buyback.
- The quantity of books needed for any given class varies from term to term. The bookstore will only buyback at 1/2 the used price the quantity needed for the upcoming term. When that need is filled, the wholesale value will be offered, if one exists. The wholesale value is determined by the used book wholesale companies based on the national demand for the book. Some books, including old editions, do not have a resale value and will not be purchased.
- Damaged books, or books in poor condition, will not be bought. This includes missing or loose pages, broken bindings, water damage, or excessive writing
- Bring all CDs and supplement materials with your textbooks.
- Rented textbooks may also be returned at the buyback window.
Professors, not the bookstore, determine which books are used for classes. Professors are responsible for notifying the bookstore of their book selection in a timely fashion. The bookstore can only work with the information we have at the time of buyback.
Can’t make it to the book buyback at the end of the semester? Using our new ONLINE BUY BACK, you can sell your book back at any time! Pack and send your book free of charge. Once your books are received, a check will be mailed to you within 3 weeks.