HOW DO I BUY MY TEXTBOOKS?
Textbooks are housed on the Willmar campus. Textbooks can be purchased online from the Ridgewater Campus Bookstore website. They can be shipped via UPS or picked up on either campus once ordered online. Online ordering can by found by clicking here. Expect a two-day delay for orders being picked up in Hutchinson. For online orders, you will immediately receive an e-mail confirmation that your order was received. You will receive a second e-mail when your order has been filled, your account charged and your books are ready to be picked up or shipped out per your request. No charge will occur until your books are ready. Please wait for your second e-mail before trying to come in and pick up your web order. A photo ID (Driver's License, Student ID, or Military ID) is required to pick up your web order.
For a step by step guide to ordering books online, click the link below!
For a rental return sheet, click the link below!RENTAL RETURN SHEET 2021
ARE USED BOOKS AVAILABLE FOR MY CLASS?
Used textbooks are available in limited quantities for many classes on a first-come, first-served basis.
WHAT ARE AUTOMATIC EBOOKS? HOW DO I ACCESS THEM?
To access automatic eBooks, please follow these directions:
- Login to the MY ACCOUNT tab on www.ridgewaterbookstore.com
- Once logged in, you will see a bullet point list. Click on Activate and Access Ebooks
- You should see each eBook title you have purchased
- Hover over the book you want to access and click access
- Wait a few seconds while it loads (if you double click it, it will assume you already accessed it and won't load)
- Once it loads, you now have access to your eBooks
- If you are having trouble, please contact your provider before contacting the bookstore. The bookstore only sells you the access to the ebook, and we most likely will not have an answer if it is not working for you.
- If you are having trouble with Redshelf ebooks, visit https://solve.redshelf.com/hc/en-us
- Once there, click on STUDENT/CUSTOMER SUPPORT and then CAMPUS STORE RENTALS & PURCHASES
- If you are having trouble with VitalSource ebooks, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Need clarification? Contact us at 320-222-5590
WHAT ARE ACCESS CODES?
Access codes, like Cengage Unlimited, are codes that come in a physical access card. These cards have a scratchable code inside.
These items can be shipped to you, picked up at either bookstore after ordering online, or emailed to you.
Please note: after we email you your scratched access card, you will not be able to return it.
WHAT ARE RENTAL BOOKS?
You can rent a book for a percentage of the retail purchase price and then return it at the end of the semester. Here are some rental facts:
- Renting textbooks saves you on average 50% when compared to a new, printed textbook.
- How will you know which books are available to rent? When purchasing from our Bookstore website, the RENTAL option will display in your book list alongside New and Used (if available).
- You can pay for a rental book using any form of payment (cash, check, credit card, financial aid), but a credit card number will be kept on file in case you forget to return it or the book is damaged. If the book isn’t returned, the securing credit card will be charged for a replacement book (retail less rental price) plus a $10 processing fee.
- The rental is for one semester only. The rental book is due back to the Bookstore by the last day of the semester for which it was rented. Textbook rentals returned via mail must be postmarked by the rental return due date.
- If you decide to keep the book at the end of the semester, you will only pay the difference between the retail price of the book and the rental price (if paid by the last day of the semester).
- The Bookstore may refuse to accept your rental book at the end of the semester if the book is not in good condition. Good condition will be judged by the Bookstore staff alone, and generally means book spine intact, no excessive damage to cover or contents, all original pages intact, all original components present, and no excessive highlighting, writing or other markings. The book cannot have any liquid damage.
WHAT IF I DROP THE CLASS?
The Bookstore return policy is the same whether the book was purchased or rented. Return policy
- It is recommended to wait until you begin your classes to open any materials. Once a shrink-wrapped item or e-book/access card is accessed, they are non-refundable.
- Returns deadline is the drop/add deadline, the fifth day of the semester.
- If mailing books back to the bookstore due to being a distance learner, contact the bookstore to find out directions on how to do so (320-222-5590)
WHY SHOULD STUDENTS BUY THEIR BOOKS AT THE BOOKSTORE?
- Convenience!! Order on-line or shop the store!
- Guaranteed correct book. Only WE speak directly with the faculty regarding textbooks.
- Easy returns while on campus.
- Financial Aid, agency funding, and PSEO charging available.
- Customer service! We have a face to which you can return if problems occur.
- Used books can be examined before you purchase.
- All profits go back into the college to provide direct services and to keep down tuition costs.
- Potential of 65% savings on used books (when you buy used and resell for use at term's end).
- Rental Books and E-Books offer a huge savings opportunity!
- Even with an ISBN, searching the internet for a textbook can be hazardous. A single ISBN can bring all manner of mis-represented products via the web--wrong editions, wrong packages, severely damaged books--and more. Too often, old editions, books without CDs, International editions, instructor's annotated editions or ancillaries are sent to students instead of the books they really need for classes.
WHAT IS THE BOOKSTORE DOING TO DECREASE TEXTBOOK PRICES FOR STUDENTS?
In 2016, the Bookstore decreased prices for all textbooks available through the Bookstore: new, used, rentals, e-books, student manuals, online access codes and all other course materials. In addition to decreased prices across the board, the Bookstore is offering students more options such as purchasing a loose-leaf book instead of hard cover or purchasing an e-book or access code only instead of the textbook. The Bookstore encourages faculty to submit book orders early thus increasing the possibility of finding used textbooks from wholesalers instead of having to purchase new books from the publishers. In addition, renting textbooks is the lowest cost option to students. A used rental book often is about one-fourth the cost of a new textbook.
SELLING BACK YOUR BOOKS (Buyback)
Sell back your books at the end of each semester during finals week!
- Watch for emails and Facebook updates from the Bookstores regarding buyback dates and information
- Sell books back at any time with our online buyback partner, MBS Textbook Exchange. Find how here!
PSEO COURSE SUPPLIES & MATERIALS INFORMATION
Some course supplies and materials for PSEO are to be returned to the bookstore upon completion of your course. For supplies like calculators, directions and information guidebooks are listed below for your convenience.